Honolulu Festival Brings Japan to Da 808 🇯🇵🍜🥁
Eh, aloha kākou! Get ready fo' da biggest cultural event in da 808 state. Honolulu Festival stay bringing Japan to da forefront dis year 🇯🇵, and das some kine exciting stuffs! Dis festival going be jam-packed with all kine Japanese traditions, food, music, and dance. So, put on yo' party hats, and let's get ready to celebrate!
Dis festival going be one big feast fo' yo' taste buds, yeah? If you like grinds, you no can resist da delicious Japanese cuisine dey going serve. You like mochi? 🍡 How bout somen noodles? 🍜 Maybe you like takoyaki? 🐙 All kine grinds, from sweet to savory, you going find um here!
And das not all, da festival going be showcasing some jaw-dropping performances from Japan. You going see da taiko drummers 🥁 playing some sick beats, and da Yosakoi dancers 💃 doing some crazy moves. Plus, they going have samurai sword fighting too, and das not something you see every day, yeah? 🗡️
Da Honolulu Festival going be happening in Waikiki, and best part is, it's FREE! No need spend money for admission, so you can save dat cash fo' da grinds and souvenirs. And if you like bring yo' keiki, they going have plenty activities for da kids too. 🧒👧
Now, speaking of souvenirs, you going find all kine Japanese-inspired gifts and trinkets at da festival. From kimonos and fans to lucky cat figurines and origami paper, you going find plenty things to take home wit you. 🎁
I know some of you might be worried about da pandemic, but no need fret, brah. Da organizers of da festival stay taking all kinds of precautions to make sure everyone stay safe. Dey going be enforcing social distancing, and you gotta wear yo' mask. So, no need worry, just come and enjoy da festivities. 😷
All in all, dis festival going be one for da books. You going see some amazing performances, eat some ono grinds, and maybe even learn something new about Japanese culture. So, make sure you mark yo' calendars fo' da Honolulu Festival, and don't miss out on all da fun! 📅
Mahalo nui loa fo' tuning in, and I hope to see you all at da festival! A hui hou! 🤙
DA HONOLULU FESTIVAL DETAILS:
• Weekend hours: 9 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. Friday, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday, 10 a.m. to 8:45 p.m. Sunday
• Bon dances: Saturday, noon to 12:15 and 2:20-2:35 p.m.; Sunday, 12:20-12:35 p.m., at the Hawai‘i Convention Center
• JTB Travel and Culture Seminar in Hawaii: 10 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. Saturday, Emalani Theater, Room 320
• Movie presentations: Free screenings of four Japanese films at the Hawai‘i Convention Center
• Kyushu Food Fair: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Sunday. Festival’s first Japanese product fair held at the Hawai‘i Convention Center.
• Sake & Food Fest: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Sunday. Festival’s first sake cultural exhibition and sampling event. Food is available for purchase.
• Waikiki Grand Parade: 4:30 p.m. Sunday, Kalakaua Avenue
• Nagaoka Fireworks Show: 8:30 p.m. Sunday, lights up the skies over Waikiki Beach. Tune in to “Hawaiian 105KINE” as it will sync its music to the fireworks show.
• Friendship Gala: 7-8:30 p.m. Friday, Hawai‘i Convention Center. Tickets are $100 per person, free for children under 5. Available at honolulufestival.com